From 30th of November to 9th of December, we organized the Out of the Box Week, as a space for experts, stakeholders and various organisations to exchange and discuss their innovative ideas in the field of policy development in Education, Internet and Social Entrepreneurship.
The programme included 7 different events with more then 50 experts, educators, activists and lobbyists and was organized in several locations in Brussels.
We started the week with a transnational meeting of a long-term project on democracy in organisations, promoting a Toolkit to help organizations improve meaningful participation, quality management and outreach.
The week continued with the meeting of our Expert Pool to discuss innovative approaches in European Policy Development, Training and Social Entrepreneurship, feeding the organisational policy strategies and services. In addition internal training on Winning Personality offered space for personal development of our team, exploring the concepts of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.
For two days we offered workshops to the stakeholders based in Brussels, presenting innovative policy solutions using cross-sectorial cooperation, advantages of digitalization in society and possible tools, as well as inspirational ideas in social entrepreneurship. We also presented tips in building and management of community of practice, and learned about innovative educational practices and tools.
Many activities and innovative moments were part of this event, and in summing up our outcomes and impressions we can say that:
- We stretched a 7 day week to 9 days
- Exchanged over 219 ideas
- Organized 5 visits and workshops within European Institutions
- Provided 15 expert workshops and networking events
- Engaged with more than 60 participants
- Had 17 Advocacy meetings with the European Parliament and the European Commission on Human Rights issues.
- Developed 3 policy papers in the topic of Education, Internet and Social Entrepreneurship
- Spent in total 82 working hours discussing innovative approaches to European policy development
Thank you all for taking part of it!
Out of the Box International