The aim of the CI-You project is to help further improve the level of green business culture in Europe by providing the youth with knowledge and concepts in the field of the circular economy. A needs analysis conducted before the project in the partner countries, showed that CE initiatives are few with limited social and environmental impact. This can be improved through an innovative ‘Circular Economy Business Model’ approach, based on the vision of a shift towards services and the transformation of jobs and skills for a resource-efficient, inclusive and circular economy.
Among the objectives of the project are the following:
- To lead young people to CE and make it attractive for them so that they will be able to promote and exploit career opportunities in this field.
- To develop a clearly defined CE business strategy for young entrepreneurs towards the creation of ‘green’ jobs.
(3) To create flexible learning resources, capable of providing, evaluating and recognizing the key competencies that enhance the youths’ capability to employ themselves or to be employed in the CE sector.
(4) To enable young people, educators, youth organisations, policy makers and other stakeholders to understand the principles and benefits of CE to the environment and the economy.
(5) To roll out the concept of CE business on a wider scale domestically and outside the EU, to support integrated policies and address current barriers to the implementation of the principles of CE into businesses strategy and goals.
The project will be implemented by 8 partners from 7 countries: Belgium (OTB), Cyprus (CSI), Greece (IED, AKMI), Hungary (IMRO), Serbia (EDUFONS), Slovenia (MIITR) and Italy (JUMP).
The project is scheduled to start in March, 2021.