EUNITE! is a citizen-centred project aimed at empowering EU citizens and boosting civic participation at local, national and EU level, including at the next EU Parliament election in 2024. The project will implement a series of events for citizens of five EU countries from different age groups and social backgrounds, allowing participants to experience first-hand democratic processes such as dialogue, communicative exchange and opinion-building, debating and finding compromises.
1) Workshops for citizen groups on EU institutions, EU parliament elections and EU opportunities;
2) Interactive workshops on countering media dis/misinformation and on citizens’ dialogue/thematic debates;
3) An EU online event where citizens from participating five EU countries will get to know each other and exchange views;
4) Citizens’ participatory encounters on practical aspects of citizens’ engagement and organisation of a meeting with local/regional political representatives and/or an EU Parliamentarian to share citizens’ ideas and recommendations;
5) Final EU event in Brussels, comprising an interactive workshop where citizens will exchange views/opinions and a final international conference to share project activities, results and recommendations with a wider audience.
Intended outcomes include:
1) Enhanced knowledge of EU citizens about EU institutions, EU parliament elections and opportunities;
2) Increased citizens’ knowledge of media/information and enhanced their critical thinking skills, enabling them to deliberate on current political issues;
3) Facilitated a European exchange among citizens and provided citizens thus with concrete opportunities for living the EU integration project;
4) Fostered active civic participation at local/EU level and encouraged voter participation at EU elections in 2024.
The project consortium is composed of 6 partners from 5 countries:
CESIE (Italy, Coordinator), VIVES University of Applied Sciences (Belgium); Forum za slobodu odgoja / Forum for Freedom in Education (Croatia); PISTES-SOLIDAIRES (France); Out of the Box International (Belgium); PAMTH (Greece).