The sports industry has had a growing impact on the global economy over the last 20 years with investment in public infrastructure, mobilizing resources and creating new professions and jobs. Today it is one of the professional sectors with the most economic momentum, creating opportunities for many people who aspire to a future in the world of sports. Currently, there is an absence of research on how sport policy is entrepreneurial and innovative, something this project seeks to rectify. An entrepreneurial mindset can help sport policymakers produce better decisions about how to propose solutions to problems. The crucial roadmap of developing entrepreneurship among youth athletes’ development is dependent upon the quality of sports development programmes from grassroots level and leadership competencies of sport administrators, facilitators and coordinators.
Objectives of the project:
– To examine the role of the sports entrepreneur and entrepreneurial process in new venture creation projects;
– To develop more entrepreneurial thinking in sports-related ventures;
– Identify the characteristics of the individual sport entrepreneur;
– Demonstrate creativity and the business idea in sport entrepreneurs;
– To encourage cooperation between EU and in partnership countries;
– To build sustainable partnerships between organizations working in the field of youth and sports;
– To stimulate the development of entrepreneurial thinking;
– To explore the meaning, importance and potential of youth entrepreneurship in/through sport.
Participating organizations are coming from Serbia (Best-seller and RK Beograd), North Macedonia (Association for progress, education and lobbying) and Belgium (Out of the box International).
The project is co-financed by the Erasmus+ Sport Programme of the European Commission